Gehl 540 Articulated Loader (Cab) / NOT AVAILABLE
Operators world-wide will find state-of-the-art ergonomics, unsurpassed visibility and ease of operation.
- Tiltable steering column with center-mount instrumentation for easy operator reference.
- The deluxe suspension seat is spring-suspended with a high amount of travel providing a comfortable ride for the operator.
- Excellent 360-degree visibility is achieved by positioning the operator above instead of behind the load for safe operation and excellent view of the attachment.
- All models feature comfortable and easy-to-access grab handles to assist entry and exit.
- A complete cab enclosure option provides enhanced comfort and safety for all-day-long operation.
- Wide side doors can be latched fully open for full side-to-side ventilation. They also provide easy entry and exit from both sides of the machine.
- Cab doors have an extended-latch design, which allows latching in a slightly-open position for limited ventilation, per operator preference.
- Standard equipment includes heating system, four working lights, wipers on front and rear windows, a cup holder and adjustable side mirrors.
- Spacious surface window area offers excellent all-around visibility.
- Generous sound absorbing material between the cab and engine compartment is standard with cab enclosure and suppresses sound levels.
The Gehl 540 Articulated Loader features simple-to-use controls at your finger tips. Even the most un-accustomed operator will be comfortable operating these loaders.
- Multi-function joystick lever controls the lift arm, bucket, float, travel direction, differential lock and auxiliary hydraulic functions
- Inching pedal allows operators to vary the ground speed while maintaining a fixed engine speed, to optimally run attachments while enabling precise control.
- Engine speed can be conveniently controlled two ways: (1) with the right foot throttle or (2) with the convenient hand throttle, which also allows the ground speed to be controlled independently of engine speed.
- Differential lock button on joystick increases traction for 100% effective engagement of axles.
- 2-speed hydrostatic drive can be activated “on the go” by a switch on the joystick.
Gehl articulated loaders are equipped with industry-proven Yanmar diesel engines.
- Powerful, quiet and efficient Interim Tier IV-certified Yanmar diesel engines with excellent performance for all applications.
- Excellent reputation for reliable cold-starting and smooth operation.
Model 4TNV88 Interim Tier IV
Number of Cylinders 4
Power (kW) @ 2800 rpm 47 hp (35)
Displacement (L) 133.6 cu.in. (2.2)
Power, performance and precision. Achieve this and more with superior hydraulics and handy time-saving features.
- Two auxiliary hydraulic lines with flat-faced couplers power a variety of tools and make attachment changes easy.
- Hydraulic hoses are nestled within the lift arms, keeping them out of the loader linkage “damage zone” during lifting and dumping operations.
- Lift arm and bucket float features allow for “floating” of the lift arm for light scraping or rear-ward leveling actions. Bucket float is a special feature that adds control and more operator flexibility for operating certain attachments with only bucket float.
Work Hydraulic System Flow (L/min) 15 gpm (56.8)
Work Hydraulic System Pressure (bar) 3,000 psi (207)
Drive Hydraulic System Pressure (bar) 5,940 psi (410)
Drive Hydraulic Reservoir Capacity (L) 11 gal. (42)
A full line of Edge attachments and accessories are designed specifically to fill operators’ needs, making their 540 the most versatile machine on the job site. Popular attachments are listed below.
B Bale Movers
D Mower, Rotary
E Pallet Forks
G Snow Removal
The lift arm on the 540 is designed to achieve maximum strength, excellent visibility and fast cycle times.
- Parallel-type linkage provide excellent bucket breakout forces.
- Linkage becomes recessed in the lift arm at full lift heights for protection when dumping into trucks/trailers and provides excellent forward visibility.
- Linkage design allows for mechanical self-leveling action in both up and down directions.
- Nitro-steel rods on the hydraulic cylinders resist abrasion, pitting, scratching and corrosion.
- Excellent bucket dump angles at the mid- and top-ranges of the lift path as well as outstanding forward reach at mid-range.
- Adjustable down-stop positioning for low position height control.
Get into the tightest spaces with ease. The 540 goes anywhere and does almost everything.
- A heavy-duty articulating joint offers 45-degree turning angles each way and provides optimal maneuverability with a tight turning radius. Articulated steering has minimal affect on turf and ground surfaces and extends the life of the tires.
- Chassis oscillates 10 degrees each way, for 20 degrees of total oscillation, to maintain traction by keeping the wheels on the ground on uneven terrain.
- The tail follows where the front leads, providing excellent maneuverability. The bucket and tires follow a constant turn radius, so the rear of the loader follows the path of the front tires.
- Narrow machine width allows access to tight, confined spaces that most skid loaders with comparable operating capacities cannot access.
- High ground clearance allows the loaders to pass over objects in the work-path with ease.
Reduced downtime is made possible by intelligent engineering and advanced design.
- Perform daily service checks with ease through the rear engine cover, which provides access to the engine, hydraulic reservoir filler and filter, radiator, and more.
- The tilting iso-mounted operator’s platform with gas spring lift assistance provides access to the engine fuel and oil filters, battery, and hydraulic pump.
- Hydraulic components are provided with diagnostic test ports for easy access when required.
- The control module interlock system located behind the seat on the operator’s platform has LEDs for electrical diagnostic checking.
|Model/Number of Cylinders||4TNV88 Interim IV/4||4TNV88 Interim Tier IV/4||4TNV88 Interim Tier IV/4|
|Power @ 2800 rpm||47 hp||47 hp||47 hp|
|Displacement||133.6 cu.in.||133.6 cu.in.||133.6 cu.in.|
|Rated Operating Capacity with Bucket1||2,460 lbs.||2,524 lbs.||2,560 lbs.|
|Static Tipping Load with Bucket|
|Straight||4,932 lbs.||5,049 lbs.||5,136 lbs.|
|Full Turn||3,904 lbs.||3,969 lbs.||4,101 lbs.|
|Static Tipping Load with Forks|
|Straight||3,602 lbs.||3,708 lbs.||3,755 lbs.|
|Full Turn||2,817 lbs.||2,939 lbs.||2,981 lbs.|
|Bucket Breakout||10,749 lbf||10,749 lbf||10,749 lbf|
|Operating Weight||7,290 lbs.||7,400 lbs.||7,720 lbs.|
|Work Hydraulic System Flow||15 gpm||15 gpm||15 gpm|
|Work Hydraulic System Pressure||3,000 psi||3,000 psi||3,000 psi|
|Drive Hydraulic System Pressure||5,940 psi||5,940 psi||5,940 psi|
|Drive Hydraulic Reservoir Capacity||11 gal.||11 gal.||11 gal.|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||18 gal.||18 gal.||18 gal.|
|Maximum Travel Speed||12.4 mph||12.4 mph||12.4 mph|
|Tire Size - Standard||33 x 15.5-16.5||33 x 15.5-16.5||33 x 15.5-16.5|
1 - Per SAE J818 SAE J732