Gehl Z17 GEN: 2
The ergonomic operator's cabin on the Z17 GEN: 2 provides excellent visibility and easy entry and exit.
- Walk-through canopy for easy entry and exit.
- Excellent visibility in all directions allows safe and efficient operation. Rear mirror provides a view of the back and side of the machine for additional safety.
- Work lights and integrated boom light enhances the operator’s view after dark.
The controls on the Z17 GEN: 2 are ergonomically designed and easy to use.
- Large travelling pedals are easy to press and allow confident, reliable work.
- Pilot operated joystick controls are operated by simple wrist movements, reducing fatigue during a long workday.
- One-way auxiliary functions can be controlled by a foot pedal, allowing optimal control of high-flow attachments such as compactors or breakers.
- The operator can easily select from ISO or standard operating control patterns with the flip of a mechanical lever.
Rugged, high-strength boom incorporates features to protect and extend the life of moving parts and components.
- Precision welded boom is constructed with thick side plates that are reinforced by contoured transition plates.
- Heavy-duty sliding cylinder guards protect exposed cylinder rods from damage.
- Integrated boom light illuminates the work area and allows for safe and effective operation after dark.
- Reliable single pin boom mount design for optimal durability and component life.
The undercarriage of the Z17 GEN: 2 was designed with serviceability and longevity in mind.
- Staggered tread and mandrel design combined with shorter track pitch reduces vibration.
- Long tracks provide a smoother ride over rough terrain.
- Tracks are short-pitched to reduce wear, fatigue and damage.
- Angled crawler frame reduces soil buildup on the undercarriage, extending the life of rollers and tracks.
- Tracks hydraulically extend to 4'2" (1280 mm) to enhance stability or retract to 3' 1" (950 mm) for passageway through doors and gates.
Width - Extended/Retracted (mm) 3'1" (950) to 4'2" (1280)
The Z17 GEN: 2 is built around a powerful, reliable emission-certified Yanmar Tier IV diesel engine.
- Proven technology provides reliable operation and a fuel efficient system.
- Easy-starting, even in cold weather without the need for block heaters or starting fluid.
Model 3TNV70-XBV Tier IV
Displacement (L) 60.6 cu.in. (0.993)
Net Power (kW) @ rpm 14.5 hp (10.1) @ 2400
Fuel Tank (L) 5.3 gal. (20)
Fuel Consumption (L/hr) 0.53 gal./hr. (2)
The advanced hydraulic system on the Z17 GEN: 2 provides long-lasting, efficient power precisely when you need it.
- Hydraulic system is designed to enhance engine performance, resulting in a more efficient system.
- Two variable pumps and two gear pumps combine oil and redirect the flow to where it is needed, allowing for simultaneous operation without loss of power.
- Smooth operation, even while using the boom and arm during turning.
- Auxiliary hydraulic valve, tubing and hoses with flat faced coupler connections are standard equipment.
- Two-way and one-way auxiliary flow valve with direct-to-tank bypass valve feature is standard equipment.
Pumps 2 variable, 2 gear
Total Flow Rate (L/min) 13.6 gpm (51.3)
Working Pressure (bar) 2,987 psi (206)
Swing System Pressure (bar) 2,103 psi (145)
Oil Cooler Standard
Hydraulic Tank (L) 6.6 gal. (25)
A full line of Edge attachments and accessories are designed specifically to fill operators’ needs, making their Z17 GEN: 2 the most versatile machine on the job site. Popular Z17 GEN: 2 attachments are shown below.
D Compaction Plates
F Quick Attach Couplers
EDGE Attachments for Z17
- The large, rear hood opens easily to expose the engine oil, air cleaner and water supply to the cooling water sub-tank.
- The removable left-hand side cover grants access to the hydraulic system and return filter cartridge.
- The removable right-hand side cover allows access to the fuel tank and radiator.
- The access panel in front of the driver’s seat easily opens to reveal the battery, starter motor and fuse panel.
|Operating Weight with Canopy||3,836 lbs.|
|Operating Weight with Cab||N/A|
|A Max. Digging Depth||7'2.6"|
|B Max. Vertical Wall Digging Depth||6'0.8"|
|C Max. Reach at Ground Level||12'2.1"|
|D Transport Length||11'3.8"|
|E Undercarriage Length||5'0"|
|F Max. Digging Height||12'1.3"|
|G Max. Dump Height||8'7.5"|
|H Minimum Front Swing Radius||5'0.4"|
|I Transport Height||7'6.6"|
|J Blade Below Ground||8.1"|
|K Overall Base Width||3'1.4"/4'2.4"|
|L Track Width||9.1"|
|M Ground Clearance||6.9"|
|N Parallel Offset Right||2'1.2"|
|O Parallel Offset Left||1'3.7"|
|P Rear End Swing Radius||2'1.2"|
|Width - extended/retracted||3'1"/4'2"|
|Model||3TNV70-XBV Tier IV|
|Net Power @ rpm||14.5 hp @ 2400|
|Fuel Tank||5.3 gal.|
|Fuel Consumption||0.53 gal./hr|
|Pumps||2 variable, 2 gear|
|Total Flow Rate||13.6 gpm|
|Working Pressure||2,987 psi|
|Swing System Pressure||2,103 psi|
|Hydraulic Tank||6.6 gal.|
|Undercarriage and Slewing System|
|Travel Speed - dual||1.3/2.7 mph|
|Number of Rollers per Side (Track/Idle)||3/1|
|Track Length on Ground||4'3.4"|
|Ground Pressure - Cab/Canopy||N/A/4.1 psi|
|Slew Speed||9.5 rpm|
|Maximum Drawbar Pull||4,181 lbs.|
|Maximum Bucket Breakout||3,417 lbs.|
|Maximum Arm Digging Force||1,918 lbs.|