Gehl Z80 GEN:2
The Z80 GEN:2 comes with a fully enclosed cab as standard equipment providing ultimate in operator comfort.
- Standard cab enclosure with heat or heat/air-conditioning system provides protection in extreme weather conditions.
- Adjustable suspension seat and armrests provide personalized comfort.
- Excellent visibility in all directions allows safe and efficient operation. Rear mirror provides a view of the back and side of the machine for additional safety.
- Work lights and integrated boom light enhances the operator’s view after dark.
- The cab is mounted on five silicon oil filled iso-mounts, which reduce cab noise and vibration to the operator.
The controls on the Z80 GEN:2 are ergonomically designed and easy to use.
- Large travelling pedals are easy to press and allow confident, reliable work.
- Pilot operated joystick controls are operated by simple wrist movements, reducing fatigue during a long workday.
- One-way auxiliary functions can be controlled by joystick buttons, allowing optimal control of high-flow attachments such as compactors or breakers.
- The proportional control mechanism switch vastly enhances attachment performance, allowing the operator to set the flow for optimal attachment performance.
- The operator can easily select from ISO or standard operating control patterns with the flip of a mechanical lever.
Rugged, high-strength boom incorporates features to protect and extend the life of moving parts and components.
- Precision welded boom is constructed with thick side plates that are reinforced by contoured transition plates.
- Heavy-duty sliding cylinder guards protect exposed cylinder rods from damage.
- Integrated boom light illuminates the work area and allows for safe and effective operation after dark.
- Reliable single pin boom mount design for optimal durability and component life.
The undercarriage of the Z80 GEN:2 was designed with serviceability and longevity in mind.
- Staggered tread and mandrel design combined with shorter track pitch reduces vibration.
- Long tracks provide a smoother ride over rough terrain.
- Tracks are short-pitched to reduce wear, fatigue and damage.
- Angled crawler frame reduces soil buildup on the undercarriage, extending the life of rollers and tracks.
The Z80 GEN:2 is built around a powerful, reliable emission-certified Yanmar diesel engine.
- Proven technology provides reliable operation and a fuel efficient system.
- ECO mode reduces engine RPM by 10% without sacrificing power when activated, saving fuel when full speed is not necessary.
- Easy-starting, even in cold weather without the need for block heaters or starting fluid.
- Auto deceleration improves fuel economy and lowers noise and emissions levels when activated by reducing engine speed to idle after four seconds without hydraulic movement.
Model 4TNV98C-WBV Tier IV
Displacement (L) 202.5 cu.in. (3.32)
Net Power (kW) @ rpm 55.7 hp (41.5) @ 2000
Fuel Tank (L) 30.4 gal. (115)
Fuel Consumption (L/hr) 1.9 gal./hr. (7.2)
The advanced hydraulic system on the Z80 GEN:2 Compact Excavator provides long-lasting, efficient power precisely when you need it.
- Hydraulic system is designed to enhance engine performance, resulting in a more efficient system.
- Two variable pumps and two gear pumps combine oil and redirect the flow to where it is needed, allowing for simultaneous operation without loss of power.
- Smooth operation, even while using the boom and arm during turning.
- Auxiliary hydraulic valve, tubing and hoses with flat faced coupler connections are standard equipment.
- Two-way and one-way auxiliary flow valve with direct-to-tank bypass valve feature is standard equipment.
Pumps 2 variable, 2 gear
Total Flow Rate (L/min) 56.7 gpm (214.5)
Working Pressure (bar) 3,699 psi (255)
Swing System Pressure (bar) 3,481 psi (240)
Oil Cooler Standard
Hydraulic Tank (L) 15.9 gal. (60)
A full line of Edge attachments and accessories are designed specifically to fill operators’ needs, making their Z80 GEN:2 the most versatile machine on the job site.
D Compaction Plates
E Compaction Wheel
F Frost Ripper
H Pavement Removal Bucket
The large, rear hood opens easily without tools for access to the engine for daily maintenance checks and the air cleaner.
- The right-hand side cover opens without tools to reveal the battery and allow access to clean the radiator.
- The fan belt and air conditioning belt are easily accessed through the center front cover to the right of the cab.
- Hydraulic oil-lubricated reduction gears in the travel motor are maintenance free.
- The fuse panel can be accessed through the access panel beneath the operators seat.
|Operating Weight with Canopy||N/A|
|Operating Weight with Cab||18,136 lbs.|
|A Max. Digging Depth||14'4.4"|
|B Max. Vertical Wall Digging Depth||12'10.3"|
|C Max. Reach at Ground Level||23'5.1"|
|D Transport Length||21'2.3"|
|E Undercarriage Length||9'5.8"|
|F Max. Digging Height||23'9.4"|
|G Max. Dump Height||15'2.7"|
|H Minimum Front Swing Radius||8'11.1"|
|I Transport Height||8'9.9"|
|J Blade Below Ground||1'6.9"|
|K Overall Base Width||7'5.4"|
|L Track Width||1'5.7"|
|M Ground Clearance||1'3.4"|
|N Parallel Offset Right||2'0.4"|
|O Parallel Offset Left||2'9.1"|
|P Rear End Swing Radius||3'8.7"|
|Model||4TNV98C-WBV Tier IV|
|Net Power @ rpm||55.7 hp @ 2000|
|Fuel Tank||30.4 gal.|
|Fuel Consumption||1.9 gal./hr|
|Pumps||2 variable, 2 gear|
|Total Flow Rate||56.7 gpm|
|Working Pressure||3,699 psi|
|Swing System Pressure||3,481 psi|
|Hydraulic Tank||15.9 gal.|
|Undercarriage and Slewing System|
|Travel Speed - dual||1.6/2.8 mph|
|Number of Rollers per Side (Track/Idle)|
|Track Length on Ground||8'2.4"|
|Ground Pressure - Cab/Canopy||5.2 psi|
|Slew Speed||9 rpm|
|Maximum Drawbar Pull||14,500 lbs.|
|Maximum Bucket Breakout||11,332 lbs.|
|Maximum Arm Digging Force||8356 lbs.|
|Width - extended/retracted||7'5"|