Krone Swadro TC 930
Heavy-duty and maintenance-free
- Maintenance-free rotors and rotor gearboxes
- Hard-wearing DuraMax cam tracks with a three-year warranty
- Rotors featuring the KRONE Jet Effect to avoid crop contamination on headlands
Permanently lubricated and maintenance-free. The enclosed bevel gearboxes and the tine arm rollers are permanently lubricated for optimum care and attention. So, operators need not bother to lube a single component on the rotor.
Steep cam tracks: As the rollers move in steep cam tracks they lift and lower the tine arms quickly and with greatest precision to the effect that the crop stays clean and the windrows are tidy and boxy. The 47 mm (2") diameter tine guiding rollers offer a generous contact area, are protected from ingress of dust and absolutely maintenance-free.
Hard-wearing KRONE DuraMax cam tracks: For greatest longevity, these cam tracks are made from high-tensile and Bainite-tempered cast SG iron which offers exceptional resistance to wear and tear and is absolutely maintenance-free. For this reason, KRONE is able to offer a three-year warranty on these DuraMax cam tracks.
The cardanic rotor suspension
Great flexibility and cleanest rakes
- Optimum contouring in any direction through pivoting rotors
- Cleanest forage from the KRONE Jet Effect during take-off and touch-down
- Central suspension for a uniform ground pressure across the full widths of the rotors
The cardanic rotor suspension: The rotors pivot in and across the direction of travel to give optimum adaptation to undulating ground. A cardanic joint on the arm with two elongated holes prevents the tines from being pressed into the ground or from being left suspended in the air, thereby avoiding crop contamination as well as throwing the grass about.
The central suspension: The rotors suspend centrally across the direction of travel which allows them to produce consistent and high-quality windrows. The special suspension ensures they always stay level as they lift and lower on the headland. In addition, the machine’s weight is distributed uniformly on all wheels of the running gear as it travels down the field.
The Jet Effect
The KRONE Jet Effect prevents the tines from damaging the sward on the headland and ensures the crop stays clean. As the bogies are lowered into work, the rear wheels touch down first before the leading wheels follow. Vice versa, as the rotors lift out it is the leading wheels that lift out first and the rear wheels that follow. This is identical with the take-off and touch-down phases observed with airplanes.
The trailing rotors: The rotors are trailed rather than being pushed in direction of travel. Therefore they enjoy greater flexibility in following ground contours and there is no risk of tines being pressed into the soil
The running gear
Great stability and excellent tracking
- Cleanest rakes as the bogie wheels run in vicinity of the tines
- Straightforward angle adjustment
- Castering wheels are standard at the front and an option at the rear to protect the sward
The KRONE Tridem running gear: All rotors run on a Tridem running gear from KRONE. Specified as standard, the running gear consists of an extra wide rear axle and a flexible front axle which form a triangle. Occupying all space under the rotor, the construction has the wheels stabilise the rotors exactly in those areas the tines work under load.
Wide track width and quiet running: It is the extra wide tracking width of the running gear that absorbs the forces that are generated by the rotors and keeps them level and stable in undulating terrain.
The Tandem running gear: A Tandem running gear is available for the rear axle where it enhances rotor control.
The tine arms
Stable running and tidy windrowing
- Large-diameter and thick-walled tine arms ensure absolutely dependable operation
- Easy and fast tine arm attachment and removal
- Sturdy foldback mechanism
Each tine arm is easily removed: Simply undo two bolts to remove the entire arm complete with bearing and roller.
Folding tine arms: Most Swadro models can be specified with foldable tine arms that reduce the machine's storage and transport height clearly below 4 m (13'2").
KRONE Lift tines
Better and faster – courtesy of KRONE Lift Tines
All rakes in this brochure are specified with the new Lift Tines. The specialty about these is the fact that they are angled in two different positions. This optimized design brings special advantages which have been explored in field trials by KRONE and verified by a DLG test.
KRONE rakes with Lift Tines
- They rake up more material per hectare at typical work rates and with tines in typical settings and cut common loss rates by 50%
- They deliver 2 km/h (1.24 mph) higher work rates without compromising on the quality of work
- They give more effective rakes and protect the sward at an up to 1 cm (3'3") higher ground clearance
- They lead to better quality forage, as their Lift effect and higher ground clearance minimize contamination
Setting the tines to an optimum position: The special Lift tines perform better, because their ends maintain a steep angle even in heavy crop and lift it more easily, which leads to more uniform windrows. As a result, the machine can work at a faster pace and still deliver consistently well shaped windrows.
No crop contamination: Thanks to their excellent performance, the Lift tines can work at a greater ground clearance than traditional tines. And thus reduce the risk of crop contamination as well as tine wear.