Double tap to zoom
OPTIDISC® ELITE CUTTERBAR
The Optidisc® Elite Cutterbar: A Clean and Consistent Cut
Lubed-For-Life Optidisc® Elite Cutterbar
The Optidisc® Elite cutterbar provides a flat, streamlined profile so that soil and crop residue do not accumulate and material flows smoothly, even in heavy, difficult crop conditions. These mowers come standard with the Fast-Fit® quick release knife system. Optidisc Elite cutterbars are designed and tested with a zero oil change interval. The highly-polished gears and synthetic gear oil ensure that this system does not require any regular internal maintenance, eliminating the need for cutterbar oil changes throughout the life of the machine.
Differential Disc Spacing
The innovative design of the Optidisc Elite cutterbar offers exclusive differential disc spacing.
- Less Distance for a Clean Cut: Narrower spacing at diverging discs provides greater knife overlap, which results in a clean cut, even when the grass is short or light.
- More Distance for Easy Crop Passage: Wider spacing at converging discs provides more space for the crop to pass. Cut crop is quickly carried away from the cutting area, greatly improving the cut quality.
Standard Fast-Fit® Knives
The Fast-Fit® quick-release knife system allows an operator to rapidly change out cutting knives with the use of a simple tool, yet still retain optimum cut quality and knife life. With Fast-Fit, an operator can achieve up to 50% time savings over a standard system.
The converging drums work together with the OptiDisc® Elite cutterbar to create smooth swaths, narrow enough to fit between the tractor tires to avoid value robbing run-over of the cut crop. Drums are powered via shafts to ensure full power in all mowing conditions.
Protectadrive® Disc Bearing Stations
- Protectadrive® Safety: Every minute saved during the hay season is precious. Ultimate protection, from the externally removable Protectadrive disc bearing stations, provides maximum reliability and quick service. In the event of an impact between a disc and an obstacle, the shaft holding the disc can shear just above the bearing. This is thanks to its carefully dimensioned shear groove. As a result, the gear teeth are protected.
- Extra Rigidity Where it Counts: Disc bearing stations are attached by bolts that pass through the entire cutterbar. This is an exceptionally strong and secure attachment with no risk of mount being torn out of the cutterbar in case of shocks. The disc drive pinion is held precisely in place, all resulting in excellent reliability and reduced maintenance costs.
- Gear-to-Gear Power Transmission: Gear-to-gear power transmission, a staple of all KUHN disc mowers, allows for maximum power to be transferred through all gears in the cutterbar. Unlike other gear cutterbars, equal sized gears throughout reduces torque on the gear teeth and leads to unsurpassed reliability and longevity.
EXCEPTIONAL TERRAIN FOLLOWING
Superior Ground Adaptation
Front mowing units have to remain flexible enough to smoothly adapt to any terrain changes they may encounter. At the same time, they are often subject to higher stress. The KUHN front mount mowers are designed for this purpose, they feature a pendulum-type articulation of the mowing unit and significant adaptability characteristics. They can oscillate left to right at an angle of up to 30° and cover a vertical travel range of 27.5”.
Easily Adjustable Overlap
For a clean cut on slopes and bends, the overlap between the front and rear units can be adjusted hydraulically between 12” and 18” (depending on the model combination) – even while driving. This is a real benefit for tractors with wide wheel spacing or large wheels.
FlexProtect™: Flexible Protection
FlexProtect™ side shields protect the edges of the machine from damage when driving along field edges or near obstacles. The side shields, made of high-density polythene material, will bend without breaking or damaging the mower. The material then returns back its original shape. When operator’s switch to the transport position, the FlexProtect side shields can quickly be folded up on both sides to reduce transport width.
TIME IS MONEY
Maintenance-Free Drive Shaft
The direct design provides easy access for servicing and fully eliminates belts. Reliability is greatly improved when working in longer, tough or lodged crops. Unlike competitive models that require daily greasing, the driveshaft to the cutterbar uses maintenance-free U-joints. These joints reduce overall maintenance and eliminate excessive wear from improper lubrication.
Triple the Efficiency
The race for high output is never ending. Farmers have increasingly larger areas to harvest, optimal mowing periods are limited and producing top quality forage is essential. KUHN is here to support you in the inevitable race for output. Pair a GMD 25 F Series front mounted mower with a KUHN GMD 30 Series rear mounted mower for the ultimate triple-mower combination. The total combined working width, of up to 32’6”, knocks down large fields in no time, while exclusive features provide strong returns on investment by reducing maintenance and downtime.
|Model||GMD 3125 F|
|Working width||10'2" (3.1 m)|
|Transport width||9'10" (2.99 m)|
|Transport height||6'7" (2.0 m)|
|Number of discs||7|
|Number of flat discs||5|
|Blade retention system||Fast-Fit®|
|Removable Protectadrive® disc bearing stations||Standard|
|Hydraulic lift mechanism||Standard|
|Cutterbar suspension||Lift-Control® hydro-pneumatic with torsion bar assist|
|Cutting height||1.4" - 2.6" (35 - 65 mm)|
|Suspension travel||Vertical travel 27.5" (70.1 cm) Oscillation 30°|
|Safety breakaway system||Pro-Active Lift®|
|Headland turn position||Integrated hydraulics|
|Average swath width||3'3" - 4'11" (1.2 - 1.5 m)|
|Swathing system||Belt driven drums (1 per side)|
|Hitch||Cat. 2, 3-point front mounted|
|Primary PTO||CW or CCW 1 3/8" - 21-spline front CV PTO shaft (ideal for tractors that have a front PTO shaft whose center is less than 2' (0.6 m) from the ground. As an example all JD 8R series tractors.)|
|PTO speed||1,000 rpm|
|Friction slip clutch||Standard|
|Free wheel||Standard, integrated into lateral gearbox|
|Minimum PTO power requirement||75 hp (56 kW)|
|Required tractor hydraulic connections||1 SA with float|
|Road lights and signaling||Standard|
|Machine weight approx.||2,435 lbs (1,105 kg)|